Why You’ll Love This Recipe
How to Make
Strawberry Chia Jam
- Remove the stems of the strawberries, and slice the strawberries in half.
- Place the strawberries, lemon juice, and honey in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Allow the mixture to boil lightly for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the strawberries are softened, start mashing the mixture with a potato masher or a whisk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the chia seeds, and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the jam to a jar, and allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Place the lid on the jar, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Because this jam does not contain preservatives it will last a couple weeks in the refrigerator. During strawberry season, I make several jars and keep them in the freezer. Jam freezes very well and then you can enjoy this fruity jam all year long!
This is a sweet jam that is full of strawberry jam with a little hint of crunch from the chia seeds.
Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. They also contain calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Yes, you can substitute the honey for another sweetener such as monk fruit or stevia.