Why You’ll Love This Recipe
How to Make
This is up to you. I prefer my scones warm with a small dollop of high-quality butter.
The best way to make day-old scones test fresh is by reheating them in the oven before you enjoy them.
No, they should be kept at room temperature because they can dry out in the fridge.
Blueberry Corn Scones
- In the bowl of your food processor, put flours, arrowroot, baking soda and salt and pulse until mixed.
- Add in softened butter, maple syrup, 2 eggs and lemon zest. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir blueberries in by hand so they don't get pulverized in the food processor.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form the dough into a circle using your hands. One of the wonderful things about nut flours is that they cannot get overworked and tough like wheat flours can.
- Cut the circle into 8 wedges and separate them for baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a dollop of grass fed butter and a nice cup of green tea.