Coconut whipped cream is the perfect alternative to dairy-based whipping cream or heavy cream.
It whips up nicely and only has a few ingredients. Best of all it’s paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy-free so it is good for anyone following a special diet.
I love serving it on this Apple Crumble recipe. Give it a try!
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Whipped Cream
- This recipe only has 3 ingredients and comes together really quickly and easily.
- The perfect alternative to dairy whipped cream.
Ingredients Needed To Make Whipped Coconut Cream
- Coconut cream or coconut milk – use full fat coconut cream or milk
- Allulose – this is an alternative to white sugar
- Vanilla – I use pure vanilla extract
Equipment Needed To Make Whipped Coconut Cream
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
How To Make
- Refrigerate coconut milk or coconut cream overnight.
- Being careful not to tip the coconut milk remove from the fridge and pour out the liquid.
- Scrape out the coconut cream that is left in the can.
- Place the coconut cream in a mixing bowl or stand mixer and mix until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla and allulose but do not overbeat or the mixture will separate.
- Use immediately or refrigerate.
This vegan coconut cream will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks in a Mason jar.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure you are successful in creating a thick, creamy whipped topping.
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge the night before you want to make the topping.
- Place the mixing bowl or bowl of the stand mixer in the fridge for a few minutes before you start preparing the whipped cream.
- Save the liquid from the coconut milk and use in smoothies or a stir fry
Can you whip coconut cream?
Yes, it is possible to whip coconut cream. It makes a nice rich alternative to dairy whipping cream.
Is coconut whipped cream healthy?
Coconut whipped cream is healthier than traditional whipped cream and it is paleo, vegan and dairy free.
Can I use whipped coconut cream as I would traditional whipped cream?
Yes, you can use this whipped coconut cream wherever you would use traditional whipped cream.
Did you make this recipe? If you did don’t forget to tag me and share on Instagram!
Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe (vegan whipped cream)
- hand mixer
- Refrigerate your coconut cream or coconut milk overnight.
- Take the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and pour out any liquid in the can (I save this liquid to use in smoothies). Scrape out the thickened cream that will be at the top of the can.
- Scoop the hardened cream in a cold mixing bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for about 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add vanilla and allulose and continue to mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Avoid over beating the cream because it can cause the cream to separate.
- Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Your coconut cream will keep for 1 – 2 weeks stored covered or in a mason jar.