- 2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large bell peppers chopped
- 1 sweet potato finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- ½ head cauliflower finely chopped or riced; can also use 1 bag cauli rice
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- Diced avocado for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell peppers, sweet potato, and ½ salt. Stir frequently until the sweet potato begins to soften, about 8 minute
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, sea salt, and pepper, and cook until the tomato paste develops a brick red color, about 4 minutes (add a splash of bone broth if the mixture begins to stick to the pan).
- Pour in ½ cup of the bone broth, and simmer until almost reduced, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low, and add the tomato sauce, and the beans. Add the remaining 2½ cups bone broth and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens, about 20 minutes.
Serve with diced avocado. Enjoy!