Enjoy a decadent breakfast treat without the blood sugar spike and ultimate crash that comes with eating traditional overnight oats. Made with a variety of seeds, super antioxidant-rich matcha powder, and dark chocolate you’ll feel like you are eating dessert for breakfast minus the blood sugar roller coaster.
Why You’ll Love This Matcha No Oats Breakfast
- This no-oats breakfast is guaranteed to keep your blood sugar stable for hours.
- With stable blood sugar you won’t be starving an hour or so later.
- Simple, shelf-stable ingredients to have on hand so you can whip up this recipe at any time.
Ingredients To Make Matcha No Oats With A Chocolate Magic Shell
With just a few seeds you can make these no-oat overnight oats in just minutes.
- Basil or chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Ground flax
- Matcha powder
- Milk of choice
- Dark chocolate
Equipment To Make No Oats Breakfast
No special equipment is required to make these No Oats.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Lidded jars – like Mason jars
How to Make Mason Jar No Oats
- Measure equal parts basil or chia seeds, hemp hearts, and ground flax.
- Add matcha powder.
- Pour milk over the no oats/matcha mixture.
- Place in the fridge to set while you melt your dark chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or melt it over a pot of boiling water on the stove.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over the No Oats and return to the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast without the blood sugar spike and crash that comes with traditional overnight oats.
Storing No Oats Overnight Oats
Any leftover no oats seed mixture can be stored in the fridge for a few days. I do not recommend freezing these no oats.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your no oats turn out perfectly every time that you make them.
- Make sure to use equal amounts of each of the seeds.
- Always use ground flax, whole flax seed is not easily broken down in our digestive system. If you only have whole flax seeds on hand, grind them in a coffee grinder before using them.
- Hold on to your jam jars to use for this recipe.
- Keep a premix of seeds on hand so you can easily whip up this no oats recipe at any time.
What is the ratio of seeds to milk for this no oats overnight oats?
In this recipe, I am using 6 tablespoons of seeds for each 1 cup of milk.
Can I make a double batch of these no oats?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe. Any leftovers can be kept in a jar in the fridge for a few days.
Is matcha powder the same as matcha tea?
Matcha tea is made from matcha powder and green tea. Matcha powder is pure matcha. It is usually sold in the tea section of the grocery.
What kind of milk goes best with these no-oats overnight oats?
You can choose any kind of milk for this no oats recipe. If you want to keep it dairy free you can choose unsweetened almond or soy milk.
Can I use chocolate chips for the chocolate shell?
You can use any form of chocolate you wish but I recommend using dark chocolate.
Is this no oats recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this no oats overnight oats is gluten-free.
Matcha No Oats with a Chocolate Magic Shell
- Prep your No Oats: equal parts chia or basil seeds, hemp hearts, and matcha.
- Pour 1 cup of milk of choice over the No Oats and mix well
- Allow the No Oats and milk to set in the fridge while you melt your dark chocolate
- Pour melted dark chocolate on top of chilled and set No Oats.
- Put dark chocolate topped No Oats in the refrigerator for a few minutes until the chocolate shell hardens.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast without the blood sugar spike and crash of traditional overnight oats.