Purple Potato and Green Bean Salad
SERVES: 4+PREP TIME: 10 MINUTESCOOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1½ lbs purple potatoes cut into bite sized pieces about 1”
- 8 oz French or green beans steamed or blanched and cut into 1 “ pieces
- 2 eggs hard boiled and diced
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a pot just covered in lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover. Leave the eggs covered for 6 minutes. Drain and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Alternatively, you can use an egg cooker. Peel eggs when they are cool to the touch. Mince the eggs.
- Place the beans in a shallow pan covered with water. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low. Cook the beans on low heat for about 2-4 minutes, then place the cooked beans in an ice bath to prevent them turning brown. Cut the beans into 1 “ pieces.
- While you wait, place all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl, arrange the potatoes, beans, and eggs, and gently toss with the dressing. Taste, and add extra salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!