MAKES 15 MUFFINS OR 1 LOAF
Bake this scrumptious paleo banana bread that is a healthy breakfast treat. Our paleo banana bread is sweetened only with bananas, and is grain free and dairy free.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (I like Native Forest no guar gum canned coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 7.5 x 3.5 loaf pan, and grease with coconut oil or use muffin tin with paper liners
- Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, coconut milk and chia seeds in food processor. Pulse ingredients together until smooth. You can also mix by hand in a medium sized bowl.
- Add almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, coconut flour, and flax and pulse (or stir) to combine.
- For muffins: bake for 20-24 minutes
- For loaf: bake for 55-65 minutes
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool
Paleo banana bread is yummy served warm with grass-fed butter!
Check out our other healthy breakfast recipes for cooking inspiration.